Ha! Gotcha, didn’t the title just grab your attention? I would never do such a thing as hanging over a cliff!
I just realized that today was officially my three month anniversary here in Ireland and I have exactly one week before I leave. I can’t believe how quickly the time flew by. Yes, there were times where days seemed too long and the months here seemed to go on forever and all I wanted to do was get back home to be near my family and friends. But then there were many more times where I wished I had just one more moment to spend with people, one more memory to create, and one more lingering laugh. However, wishing never gets anyone anywhere unless you are an animated figure named Aladdin. I may not have a genie in a bottle, but I have my life full of my friends, my family, and Jesus Christ. What more could I ever need?
I may have wished a few moments away or wished for a few more, but these past three months have been a rollercoaster ride I will never forget. My time here has allowed a chapter of my life to be closed in exciting ways that I never expected. I have one week left to see how it will end and what cliff hanger will be put in place to make me move forward to the next chapter. These last days that I spend here will write out the ending to my life as an undergraduate college student. How will I ever spend my last days?
Well here are some teasers.
1) Create my own snow day filled with doing nothing but watching movies and eating junk food
2) Explore the city of Cork for all it’s worth for a final goodbye (this includes castle hunting)
3) Eat at the famous chip shop down the road one last time
4) Kiss Guinness goodbye (haha, just kidding I did that after I tried it for the first time)
5) Stop procrastinating and actually write that final essay I JUST got assigned (I guess I really can’t pass the class without doing it – darn)
6) Try my hardest to pick up the accent I’ve been longing to have since I stepped foot on this Emerald Isle
7) Try to rush to find that lad everyone is expecting me to bring home (if only they would stop hiding from me – I think I really do need a genie in this area)
Well, we’ll see what happens. Usually it’s more fun to fly off the seat of my pants and spontaneously make memories than plan it all out. How do they say it? I’m gonna try to go out with a bang. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment