Ireland

Ireland

Friday, October 22, 2010

Lovely Seasons

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Apple cider, changing leaves, spice cake, and chilly weather always put me in a good mood. The changing season means that it is getting closer to holiday festivities where time is spent with loved ones. I didn’t think that there would be a chance of missing fall entirely while in Ireland. I knew that I would miss out on Thanksgiving with family and friends and I would miss the majority of the football season, but I didn’t think about missing the actual season.

Because Ireland is a rainy country the trees and plants tend to thrive just as much in the fall as they do in the summer. The green remains as bright as ever. However, this year is quite different. It has been quite “dry” compared to previous years, so the trees are starting to shed their leaves and get ready for colder, dryer weather. The trees are changing colors the same way that they do at home (except I’ve seen some trees here turn purple!). The other day an Irish man told my friend and me that they have never really seen the trees change colors, so this is a whole new experience for them. The conversation made me very thankful that we experience changing leaves every year. I can’t imagine having to go through the year without seeing the wonderful colors of fall.

Now each time that I look at the beautiful trees outside with the rolling green hills in the background, I thank God that He decided to add a splash of red, yellow, and purple to Ireland this year. Now all I need is a cup of spiced cider and a good book.

Here’s to hoping that your fall is just as blessed as mine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment