Ireland

Ireland

Thursday, October 14, 2010

One Month Anniversary!!!

I have been in Ireland for exactly one month. So many different things have happened and I can hardly keep track of them all.

Thus far . . . .

I have:

1.) Met a lot of great people
2.) Joined many (too many?) clubs and societies
3.) Travelled to 4 different places within Ireland (soon to be 5)
4.) Tried Guinness (gross!)
5.) Visited a lot of different pubs
6.) Listened to traditional Irish music
7.) Eaten authentic lasagna (thank you Carletta)
8.) Seen the Loch Ness monster (I don’t care if he’s supposed to be in Scotland, I really saw him)
9.) Had a wonderful friend come and visit me
10.) Eaten fish and chips
11.) Witnessed an honorable Cork Gaelic Football win
12.) Booked tickets to Amsterdam, Paris, and Italy (London is next on the list)
13.) Bought food from local butchers and vegetable stands rather than grocery stores (delicious!)
14.) Bought some Christmas presents
15.) Fallen in Love

I have not:

1.) Found an Irish boy to make me dinner (are those sighs of relief I hear? Don’t worry, even if I do, I’ll come back home)
2.) Found delicious coffee to make at home
3.) Posted any pictures (soon, I promise!)
4.) Done any homework for class (well, I read once)
5.) Done laundry more than twice (5 euros to do one load of laundry the size of two fluffy towels is quite ridiculous; a basketball is bigger than the washer. Needless to say, you learn some tricks so that you can spread out the time between washes)
6.) Died my hair orange
7.) Mastered the Irish accent (darn! It’s hard!)

My mind is thinking back on so many things I can’t even remember everything I’ve done and everything I haven’t. At least the list for things that I have done is longer than the one for the things that I haven’t done.

This weekend I am going to Galway with 5 other girls to do more Christmas shopping. I’ll be sure to take lot’s of pictures and do crazy things so that I have stories to tell when I get back.


Chau

1 comment:

  1. Now I wanna know what's so wrong with American boys? I'd like to think there are a few good ones out there haha...

    ReplyDelete