I like to call it black gross. Guinness, for the record, does not really taste like coffee as some have led me to believe. Sure, it has a roasted flavor to it, but it’s more like drinking a large glass of burnt peanuts rather than drinking a Venti Latte at a coffee shop. It definitely is not my favorite drink, but at least I can say that I gave it a try (Seth and Luke, you should be proud).
This weekend my friend Jordan, who is currently studying in London, came to visit me. We had a great time and filled every second of every day that she was here. We toured all of Dublin in less than 24 hours. We took a 4 hour bus there on Thursday, spent the evening eating gelato for dinner and spending a little time at different pubs to listen to live music. On our way back home we were having too much fun talking and laughing with each other that we passed the street our hostel was on by one block and ended up walking around the entire city for another hour and a half before we asked for directions and found our way back home. It was quite an adventure.
We spent Friday shopping and touring the Guinness factory before taking a 4 hour bus back to Cork. Dublin is a great city and we had a ton of fun. I think the best part about it was not having any plans. We’d literally get to a street corner and choose to go left or right and then just start walking until we came to another corner. Being spontaneous in a large city is definitely the best way to tour it.
By the time Saturday rolled around we were tired from all the walking we had been doing so, naturally, we decided walking around Cork all day and shopping some more was a great idea. We each bought a pair of new shoes to reward ourselves for walking throughout the two largest cities in Ireland within 48 hours. By Saturday night we were tired and decided to just go to a movie to relax. All in all, the weekend was fabulous and full of great craic (which I found out is not spelled crack), and I can’t wait to meet up with Jordan and our Other friend Danelle in a couple of weeks to have a crazy adventure across the pond.
Guinness is an acquired taste. It grows on ya. I am so glad that you are traveling spontaneously! That is definitely the best way to get around and find adventures. Love the blog, love you!
ReplyDelete